19 Nov Childcare Apprentice
This nursery in Walton on Thames is looking for an apprentice to join their team.
- to provide a safe, caring, stimulating and educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- to deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- to help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- to understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- to plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- to be a key person (based on knowledge and experience)
- to ensure records are properly maintained e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- to liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement.
- to work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- to undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
- empathy and understanding of children under five
- excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- excellent organisational skills
- administrative and basic IT skills
- calm and caring nature
- ability to work as part of a team
- able to work on own initiative
- reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- a commitment to quality in all areas with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- able to perform under stress
- a creative thinker
- a good sense of humour
- to hold or be able to achieve English and maths GCSEs at level C (4) or equivalent or above