19 Dec School Club Childcare Practitioner Apprentice
West Faversham Community Centre has become the hub of a wide range of activities and events for the local community in line with the charities overall objectives. One of the projects run at the Herne Community Centre is our School Club which is an Ofsted registered provision for primary school children from year R upwards. The School Club runs 5 days a week for the school year, there is also provision during the school holiday times.
Reporting directly to the Wrap Around Care Lead the post holder is responsible for:
- Maintaining and secure a safe environment for the children in our care
- Leading exciting activities to engage the children, in line with Ofsted guidelines
- Be a positive role model for the children
- Manage the behaviour of children to maintain a positive and happy environment
- Completion of Apprenticeship work
On a day to day care for the children in line with the activity plan and SC/WFCA procedures
- Ensuring you have a sound understanding of the needs of children in our care that day
- Be vigilant of any safeguarding concerns and report immediately to the Lead Practitioner or most senior person
- Be proactive in managing negative behaviours and recognising positive behaviour
- Lead or support activities delegated to you for that day
- remain up to date with WFCA policies and Ofsted requirements
- Proactively ensure a safe environment is maintained for the children
- Ensure each days activities are set up, additional resources are requested for future sessions where needed
- Clear down from each session ensuring the room and equipment are clean
The postholder will be required to be flexible in assisting the Lead Practitioner and other colleagues with the varied tasks required to deliver the SC. S/He will be expected to be proactive in identifying problems and in recommending solutions and in suggesting improvements and helping to implement these to achieve enhanced service delivery.
The postholder will be required to work 30 hours a week. Additional days work may be needed to attend training or planning meetings.